Monday, June 02, 2008

Green Tip - #7

I already mentioned on one of the past Green Tips, that buying the disposable pens creates tons of waste in our landfills. We should start using pens that are refillable.

I was thinking about this the other day and realized that I have gotten a ton of pens from my bank. I have taken pens when I make my deposits without thinking about it. After I realized that, I stopped taking pens from them. And I realized that I have more pens than I will ever be able to use up in my lifetime :-). So, I have decided that I will not buy another pen/pencil until I have used up the storehouse that I have. It may take many years to use them up, but when I get to that point, I will only buy refillable pens from that point on.

Take a look at your own storehouse of pens/pencils/permanent markers, etc. Commit to not buy another writing utensil until you have used up all of the ones you have!

Little steps like these can make a difference! Nice job! We can make a difference, one small step at a time.

No comments: